Hello, thank you for expressing interest in learning with Taal Institute!
Before you register, please be sure to read all the rules and regulations stated below.
Remember, if you are enrolling for both you and your child, please fill out two separate forms.
If at any time you encounter technical difficulties with the form, please call 732-939-2499 (Customer Support) or 732-647-6472 (Main Number)
Rules and Regulations
1. Parental interference is not allowed during the class. If you have any questions/suggestions/concerns you may speak with the instructor at the end of the class.
2. Please ensure younger siblings/ children do not play around, make noise, or distract the class. They can sit with their parents.
3. All the students are expected to come five minutes before the scheduled start of their class.
4. The rules specified above/ below are subject to change at any time upon Taal Institute’s discretion.
1. Bharatanatyam: Salwar Kameez are preferred. Skirts, shorts, jeans and tanks are not allowed. Loose pants and t-shirts are acceptable. All senior kids are required wear goongarus in the class.
2. Bollywood: Comfortable pants and top. No skirts or dresses.
Make-Up Class & Absence Policy
1. Taal Institute will provide only one make up class per month. No refund will be provided if you miss more than one class for any personal reason other than serious medical condition.
2. For Bharatanatyam kids are not allowed to take monthly break in order to maintain the learning pace. If one has to take a break for unavoidable circumstances, they have to come for extra classes the following month to catch up with other kids. There will be hourly charge of $30 for personal classes. It will be ok to schedule a break (e.g. summer break) for the entire batch if everyone agrees with the scheduled break.
Payment & Holidays
1. Payment is due the first class of the month. (An additional $25 late fee will be added if not paid by the 10th of the month.)
2. All the payments for the dance classes will be per a calendar month basis. (i.e. months with five weeks and four weeks will not be charged differently)
3. Fees: Please contact Artistic Director Madhavi Mehta for class fee information.
4. Taal Institute will be closed on major long weekends as indicated on the schedule. There will be no make-up class provided for these days.
1. If a student is part of the performance, it is parent’s responsibility that the student attends all the extra practices conducted by school.
2. The spots of a student in a specific performance will strictly be decided by the dance teacher and parent’s interference will not be allowed.
3. The student will bear the cost of costume for the performance.
4. Parent volunteers will be needed and much appreciated to get the kids ready as well as for the logistics of costumes.
Liability Waiver & Release
In behalf of myself and my children, I understand that there are risks associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activities provided through Taal Institute of Performing Arts LLC, Taal Institute of Performing Arts, Taal Academy, Taal Institute, and Taal Dance Studio. They include, but are not limited to, illness, injury and death. In recognition of this acknowledged risk, I knowingly and voluntarily waive all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Taal Institute of Performing Arts, it’s officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Taal Institute”.)
I hereby agree to release Taal Institute and hold Taal Institute harmless of all liability, and hereby acknowledge that I knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility for all risks arising out of active participation in classes, performances and activities through Taal Institute on behalf of myself, the legal guardian, and the participant/s.
I am aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of my voluntary and knowing assumption of the associated risks. I have signed this registration document voluntarily and of my own free will in exchange for the privilege of participation.
I also give Taal Institute permission to use my child’s picture in or on any form of advertisement or publication in behalf of Taal Institute or an Taal Institute affiliated event. (Please notify us in writing if pictures cannot be publicly displayed for any reason)
I understand that I must remain on the premises for the duration of class for any of my children under the age of 14.
The participants for whom I am registering have my permission to participate in all Taal Institute classes, performances and activities. I warrant the information is complete and correct and that I do have the authority to act and speak in behalf of the participants I enroll in classes at Taal Institute. I further release Taal Institute of all liabilities associated with my children's attendance at Taal Institute.
(There will be a check off/signature required for this during the online registration form)